12.10.2007

The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk Holiday Schedule

I'm learning that my readers are hungry for things to do with their kids now that the weather is keeping us all inside and Christmas vacation is approaching. So I've been doing my research and I've learned that The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk may be just be the answer to our newfound cabin fever.

Escape the cold for, well, more cold and check out their special holiday showing of The Polar Express movie, starring Tom Hanks. Between now and January 6, you can view this animated classic with 25,000-watt surround-sound audio on the Aquarium's 6 story IMAX theater. From what I hear, it's quite a spectacle, only rivaled perhaps by the Aquarium's Spongebob Square Pants 4-D Adventure ride that you can check out before the movie. This I need to see to really understand and I can't claim that it's really my idea of a good time, but my sources tell me its quite a treat for Sponge Bob fanatics who are at least 36 inches tall and in good health (requirements for boarding the ride). Reservations are required for both the IMAX movie and the ride.

The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk is bustling with activity not only during the holidays, but all year round. While you're there be sure to check out the both the Frog and Adventures Under the Sea exhibits. Both are running for a limited time. And don't forget that the Martime Aquarium is an extraordinary venue for childrens' birthday parties (they even offer a sleepover party package and the kids get to sleep among the fish).

The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk
10 North Water Street, Norwalk
203.852.0700
http://www.maritimeaquarium.org/

No comments: