4.21.2008

Kindermusik in North Stamford Announces Summer Camp



Melissa Smith of Kindermusik in North Stamford is part of my Fairfield County Mompreneurs Group and I wanted to pass along some information about her upcoming summer camp and ongoing classes. But first I just want to mention what a fabulous teacher she is. My daughter and I attended one of her demo classes and you should've seen how much fun all the kids had. My daughter loved it!

To borrow some language directly from her site, the mission of Kindermusik is "to teach children music so they can become better learners. It's not about making little Mozarts. It's about developing skills in the whole child - ages newborn to 7 years - cognitive, physical, social, emotional, language and musical." The nice thing about Melissa is that she is truly down to earth and very smart. I'm sure I'll get in trouble with someone for saying this, but my daughter and I have taken music classes in the past with some real characters (I find some music teachers to be oddly millitant and out there, if you know what I mean). Melissa is just a regular mom of two with a love for music who works out of her home studio in North Stamford.

Contact Melissa to learn more about the Kindermusik Adventures camps and mini-camps for babies, toddlers and preschoolers; you can choose from once-a-week classes or week-long sessions that meet each day. Children 3 to 5 years old can be dropped off for 80 minute programs which include theme-based crafts and snacks.

For more information about Kindermusik with Mrs Smith, call Melissa at 203.968.6859, or visit her website at www.smithstudiostamford.kindermusik.net

No comments: