5.02.2008

White Jade Wellness Open House Tea Party May 14th

The world of alternative therapies is sort of foreign to me. When I have a headache, I pop some Motrin. Done. When I'm feeling a little low energy, coffee is my best friend. It's not that I'm not open to other remedies, it's just that I've never been compelled to try anything new because my way works just fine for me.

This may be changing though because I recently met the lovely Nanette Ginise of White Jade Wellness (left) through a friend. She's a licensed massage therapist, certified reflexologist and well known herbal medicine practitioner. I asked her to explain to me why mothers in particular might be interested in Chinese medicine and this is what she had to say:

"In Traditional Chinese medicine there is the theory that we all possess ' three treasures' these consist of Shen, Jing [our essence or constitution that we inherited from our parents and that we give to our children through conception ] and Qi , loosely translated as energy. Expectant and new moms have relied heavily on these treasures and Chinese Herbs can help strenghthen and renew the womans health and vitality."

Ok Nanette, if you say so!! So if you're feeling exhausted and/or stressed out, come learn more from her on Wednesday May 14th at the White Jade Open House Tea Party at the Meridian Wellness Center in Stamford. There will be Chinese snacks, door prizes and a free gift for everyone. During the tea party guests will learn how to implement Chinese herbal remedies to lead to a healthier life style. Hope to see you there!

For more information on White Jade Wellness visit www.whitejadewellness.com.

DATE: Wednesday May 14
TIME: 6:30 - 8:30 pm
LOCATION: Meridian Wellness Center 66 Glenbrook Road at Avalon Glen, Stamford

No comments: