9.17.2008

ARCHIVED POST: Sophia's Costumes in Greenwich

{Back in July I wrote about Sophia's Costumes in Greenwich (see below) and at the time, Halloween seemed soooooo far off. Not so anymore! In case you missed it, read on to learn more about this awesome costume shop. You can reserve your costumes ANY time so why not stop by soon, before the mad rush?}

It's Always Halloween at Sophia's Costumes in Greenwich


I know it might seem premature to be discussing Halloween on the tails of July 4th, but I must tell you about my recent experience at Sophia's Costumes in Greenwich. When my husband and I were invited to a 70's themed birthday party a few weeks ago, I considered hitting Goodwill or my mom's closet for some good authentic duds. Then my friend told me to head straight to Sophia's to rent costumes. Now I see why.... this place is jam packed with the most amazing costumes for kids and adults. And I'm not talking plastic Party City junk. I'm talking real vintage clothing or beautiful reproductions. In fact, among my choices for my costume party were a few Diane Von Furstenberg dresses and jumpsuits (yes, jumpsuits..more on that later) that were older than I am and in great condition.

I peeked at the kids' costumes and found plenty of rental options for boys and girls. For those of you with kids who take Halloween very seriously, Sophia's should be on your radar because I'd imagine that it must get pretty busy there around that time.

Make sure you ask for Glen when you visit. He deserves a special shout out for outfitting me and my husband and for keeping my daughter entertained while I tried on all my costume options in the dressing room. He's sweet and helpful, but very honest at the same time about what looks good on a person. Think Carson Kressley or Tim Gunn minus the emphasis on good taste - Glen just wants you to have fun! I ended up in a mint green polyester jumpsuit that took some convincing to even try on, but Glen was right. It was a blast to wear.

Thanks to Sophia and Glen for the great customer service and overall fun experience. If you pay them a visit, just note that Sophia's is not easy to find. It's located off a parking lot behind Saks and NY Sports Club, near Smart Toys, not exactly an area where you might just stumble upon it.

Sophia's Costumes
1 Liberty Way, Greenwich
203.869.5990

Image above courtesy of Sophia's

1 comment:

Mens partywear suits said...

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.