9.23.2008

It's One of Those Days...


If anyone cares, I drove to Fairfield this morning all psyched for the Dre Towey concert at Chef's Table (see below). My daughter digs music and dancing and I dig free activities that promise to be fun and bearable. I tell you, sometimes I find myself at kids' events and I really want to shoot myself because they are so tedious and poorly presented. That's why I started this site in the first place -- so I could dig up events and activities that are not only kid-friendly, but adult-friendly too. But that's a whole other story. Back to today's concert. So, I arrived right when the concert was ending because I misread an email and thought it began at 11am, rather than 10am. Not only did I misread the email, but I posted the wrong information below (I've since fixed it though).

My point is, I'm sorry if I screwed any of you up. Sorry if you got there late too because of my silly mistake. To make up for it, I'll be there next week at the proper time and I'll buy your child an organic cookie or something if you suffered because of  my poor attention to detail.Speaking of suffering, I've been hearing it all day from my daughter who was very disappointed about missing the concert. How can someone so small make me feel so guilty? And now she won't nap because she feel asleep in the car ride home for 20 minutes and apparently that's all the sleep she needs today (vs. the 2 hour nap she usually takes every afternoon when I cram in my daily post and some other work like returning calls and emails). She's calling for me now at the top of her lungs, so I better wrap this. Sorry for the rant, but I figured all you moms (and the one dad who reads me) out there would excuse me. I purposely avoid venting or getting too personal here,  but like I said, today is just one of those days...

1 comment:

Kevin McKeever said...

Me and my cargo shorts thank you for the shout out. At least it wasn't a one-time only event ... like the time I got the dates to a Dixie Chicks concert mixed up. My Love was none to happen about that one.

Cheers!