How thrilled was I when I was recently invited to participate in the 2nd annual Donors Choose Blogger Challenge? DonorsChoose.org grew out of a high school in the Bronx where teachers saw their students going without the materials needed to learn. The web site provides an easy way for everyday people to address this problem. Public school teachers post project requests that range from a $100 classroom library, to a $600 digital projector, to a $1,000 trip to the zoo. People like you can choose which projects to fund and then get photos and thank-you letters from the classroom.It's an easy way to help public school children right here in Fairfield County - but I need your help! Here's how it works:
- Because I truly believe in public school education, I've chosen three different public elementary school classrooms (from Stamford, Norwalk and Bridgeport). All three have very unique and important needs that you can read about on my Donors Choose page. Just click here.
- We can help provide the funds to satisfy those needs (needs include a sign language kit for hearing impaired and autistic children, easels for budding artists, and new technology for recording audio and video in the classroom).
- Please make a donation to the classroom of your choice. It's really easy to do online. Promise!
- More reason to donate...if you donate to Bridgeport or Stamford, your donation will be matched by the Fairfield County Community Foundation.
- Finally, if you're not already convinced, my friend Manager Mom is kicking ass over at her blog. Her readers have already funded an entire project in Stamford (go MM!). I don't know about you, but I'm inspired! Let's show the community that FCC readers are just as generous.
I'll keep you posted about our progress with that handy widget above that tracks our donations. In the meantime, thank you! Click here to donate at the FairfieldCountyChild.com Donors Choose Page.