6.22.2009

New Canaan Students Contribute to Glass House Exhibit


We've been house hunting and while many of the homes we look at are lovely, none will ever, ever in a million years measure up to my dream home, The Glass House in New Canaan. Have you been? Last summer I toured this iconic piece of modern architecture and as expected, I fell in love. Not only is the home itself breathtaking, but the 47 acres surrounding it will blow you away too. The house is sort of hidden off Ponus Ridge and once you're there, you feel like you're a million miles away from the hustle bustle of life in busy Fairfield County. I'll be back again in October for another tour. I can't wait to see it surrounded by the fall foliage.



I just learned that a some high school students in New Canaan recently created some new media additions to the Glass House visitor center at 199 Elm Street in New Canaan. How cool is that? Why don't I recall working on stuff like this in high school? The video above is one of the three projects the high school students created. It shows The Glass House transformed as day turns into night. The other two new media projects can be found on YouTube by clicking here and here.

I just wanted to call attention to these talented kids and to The Glass House. It's definitely one of Fairfield County's gems, don't you think?

www.philipjohnsonglasshouse.org

No comments: