2.24.2010

Judith Warner at the Darien Library March 4



Here's a dirty little secret. I've only finished two books since the birth of my first baby 3+ years ago. You should see the stack of half-read books on my nightstand. This is hard for me to admit because I always considered myself such a reader. The first book I actually completed was The Happiest Baby on the Block and that was out of pure desperation during those early days as a first time mother when I just wanted the baby to sleep, dammit! For the record - it's a great, helpful book.

Book #2 is Perfect Madness: Motherhood in the Age of Anxiety by Judith Warner. If you're a mom, it's a must read. Warner is a New York Times columnist and mother who writes about the state of motherhood today and the book really struck a cord with me. Come to the Darien Library next Thursday March 4 at 7pm to meet the author and learn more about her latest book, We've Got Issues: Children and Parents in the Age of Medication.

I happened to catch a few minutes of an interview with Warner on NPR yesterday. If you're not familiar with her work, listen to this podcast to learn more. 

All the details about the event can be found on the Darien Library site. See you there!

No comments: