3.02.2010

What's Your Favorite Grown Up Restaurant in Fairfield County?



Ok enough with all this kid stuff! Sometimes a girl's got to get out without the little whiny brats cuties. Whether it's for *date night* or *girls night*, I want to know your favorite grown up restaurant in Fairfield County. Please post your favorites below...

I found a new favorite spot. Thanks to my friend Lynn for the recommendation! On Saturday I had a hot date at Lolita's in Byram with the hubby. Can't rave enough about this place. It felt like such an escape from the ordinary dining experience in Fairfield County. Lolita's serves traditional Mexican food and they're known for their impressive Tequila selection (over 100 varieties). 

I sound like such a lame suburbanite but what really impressed me about Lolita's were all the quirky little details about the place -  like the black and white cowboy movies projected onto the exterior of the restaurant, the cozy bar/lounge area with sofas and with a dj spinning, the complimentary tequila served over dry ice to start the meal and cotton candy for dessert, the funky decor (blood red chandeliers, dim moody lighting) and the temporary tattoo I was handed on my way out (huh?). I mean, you don't see too much of this here in Fairfield County. Am I right or am I right? All in all it was an amazing romantic night out. 

Here's what we ate: Salmon Coco (for me) Skirt Steak  (for hubby) Lobster Enchilada (shared app) Bananarama (shared dessert). I topped it off with a margarita or two. Divine. All of it was divine and I can't wait to get back in warmer weather to dine al fresco. 

Have you been to Lolita's? What'd you think? What's your favorite grown up restaurant?! Thanks for sharing!

10 comments:

jangerame AKA Southern Yankee said...

our personal, adult, favorite is School House in Wilton... locally grown food, tiny 1 room school house, excellent staff!

eBeth said...

Lianna's Trattoria in Fairfield. Pricey, but worth it. The food is fantastic.

Beth

Kevin McKeever said...

Bobby Valentine's not going to cut it for this one, huh? I always liked the Elm St. Oyster House in Greenwich for great seafood.

Shorely Chic said...

I love Lolita, so fun! My favorite restaurant is Quattro Pazzi in Fairfield, awesome food and great atmosphere!

OO Strada 18 in SoNo is so yummy, too!

Unknown said...

Match in south Norwalk

Angie said...

Big fan of Brasitas in Stamford. Also check out my sis-in-law's place: Cafe Mirage in Pt. Chester for a fun and laid back night out!

meg said...

so many great ideas - thanks! and more readers posted their faves on the FCC facebook and Twitter pages. too many to list right now because i'm too busy. eventually i'll post the list here but in the meantime - you should check them out.

Unknown said...

Chez Jean Pierre on Bedford Street in Stamford. Go in the summer time and sit outside.

Anonymous said...

a favorite of mine is Lucs in Ridgfield - wonderful atmosphere - fantastic food - cute bar area and great dinning outside as the weather gets nice- very cozy-cool stone walls inside-
enjoy - Denise

Anonymous said...

Le Farm in Westport, Amazing...better then any place i ate at in nyc or brooklyn in the 10 years i lived there.