6.12.2010

Georgetown Day Festival Tomorrow, June 13 !

I don't venture up to Georgetown too much but I find it so charming and tomorrow's festivities sound like good, old fashioned fun. My friends at Pure Play Kids mentioned they'd be at the Georgetown Day Festival so thought I'd look into it. The festival is an annual event that includes:

* live music provided by local bands
* delicious international foods
* a palate warming chili cook-off
* a beer tent
* a hot dog eating competition (actually, this really grosses me out, especially when there are people starving in this world... but to each their own)
* a dunking booth
* artisans and vendors selling beautiful arts, crafts, clothing, and jewelry
* face painting
* bounce house

Keep an eye out for the Pure Play Kids booth - they'll be raffling off a basket full of summer Pure Play Kids toys.

For more details about the day, visit www.georgetownct.org/gday/gday.html.

No comments: