12.04.2007

Design Solutions (DS)


Every time I walk through town in New Canaan, I end up spending way too much time and money in DS on Elm Street. Its sister store, Design Solutions, is around the block on Main Street and it's equally addictive/dangerous, but since I've become a parent, it's DS that I always head for.

Like Design Solutions, DS caters to those who favor clean lines and modern touches in their lives. They both carry furniture, home accessories and loads of beautiful textiles, but DS is slightly more lighthearted and whimsical and it has a great children's section. I found a great selection of picture books that you won't find at the chain stores, Ugly Dolls and other tasteful stuffed dolls, Wall Candy (see picture above), games, picture frames and beautiful bedding, including a lot of Marimekko ... their inventory reminded me a lot of the stuff you'll find in the kid's section of the MOMA store, just to give you an idea of their aesthetic. Be prepared to spend some time in the store because even though it's small, I guarantee it will suck you in!

146 Elm Street, New Canaan
1.800.903.3744
www.designsolutionstore.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also love this shop and it's perfect for baby and birthday presents. They always wrap the presents so beautifully.