1.03.2008

Playgroups for Parents

I added a new category here earlier this week. It's called "For Parents". I was a little hesitant to do this because I really want to focus on kids here. I have no desire to turn this into FairfieldCountyMom.com... but I recently come across some great activities and organizations for parents that I think deserve some attention. All are meant to enrich the lives of parents and we all know how kids benefit from happy, fullfilled moms and dads... so that's how I'm justifying these recommendations:

First, I'd like to introduce Catherine Pearlman, L.M.S.W (aka The Family Coach). She offers consultations with families who struggle with a wide range of issues.. from disciplining, to toilet training to divorce and separation. With 14 years of professional experience as a social worker and two kids of her own, The Family Coach has proven herself as the go-to problem solver for almost all of your parenting dilemmas. To get a taste of what she's got to say, check out www.nyfamilycoach.com and her upcoming seminar, "Sibling Rivalry: What You Can do to Keep the Peace" on January 16th at It's My Party in Mamaroneck. For more details visit http://www.nyfamilycoach.com/.

Next, one of my readers who asked to remain anonymous contacted me about a new support group she started for mothers who suffer from post partum depression. Even though PPD is widespread, the Fairfield County Post Partum Depression Group is small and looking for new members. I urge anyone who's experiencing anything from the "baby blues" to full blown depression to consider joining this group for companionship and support. For more details about the group, click here and to learn more about PPD in general visit www.ppdconnect.com.


On a much lighter note, LOVE, the childrens' boutique in Greenwich, is hosting an evening with The Kitchen Cabinet on Tuesday, January 15th at 7pm in Darien. Kitchen Cabinet is a two-woman operation out of NYC that will whip you and your kitchen into shape. They'll teach you how to easily shop and cook for a healthy, happy family using mostly local, organic ingredients. To read more about Kitchen Cabinet click here and for more information about the event, email info@shopwithlove.net or call 203.422.0900.


Ok I think I've covered everything. Potty trained kids, happy mommies and healthy, easy dinners. Done.

No comments: