3.24.2008

Spring Open Studios With the Loft Artists Association April 4 - 6

If you have an aspiring artist in your household, I defintely recommend you check out the Loft Artist Association's open studios April 4-6th. I went two years ago and was truly inspired by the local talent on display. Over this three day period, the resident painters, sculptors, photographers and designers (over 60 in total) invite the public into their studios to view their work. I think it's a great activity for older kids because they'll have access to artists to ask questions in a really friendly atmosphere. Unlike a trip to an art musuem, a trip to the open studios brings the art to life for kids because they can actually see the artists at work.

Click here for more information about the history of the Loft Artists Association and their new space on Canal Street in Stamford.

28th Annual Open Studios Weekend
April 4th 6-9pm
April 5th 11am - 5pm
April 6th 11am - 5pm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info - thanks! I will definitely be taking my 6 year old - she loves seeing 'real' artists! I'm getting excited for all of the spring and summer activities that are coming.